Youth Development Professional (Staff) for Teens Center
Posted 22 days agoInactive Job
- Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
- By signing in to your account, you agree to SimplyHired's and consent to our.
- Refresh the Page
- Summary: This job is one-of-a-kind opportunity to improve the lives of kids while gaining leadership skills and youth development skills for future career opportunities in a fun and engaging work environment.
- A Youth Development Professional (YDP) is a professional role model and informal guidance counselor for youth at the Boys & Girls Club. In this role, you will provide support in a classroom setting to youth ages 10 – 13.
- As a YDP you provide emotional support, hope and opportunity to kids from across your community while helping them have fun in a structured environment filled with a variety of activities and programs.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, a YDP also provides assistance and coaching to stay connected to distance learning.
- As a member of the BGCEV family, the YDP’s top priority is the safety of members and ensuring the Club is always a positive environment for kids.
- YDP’s regularly plan and organize weekly youth activities and programs with the help of Club leadership.
- We continually train and coach all YDPs of all skill levels.
- This role requires a positive attitude, energy, and a can-do approach to solving problems.
- You will be expected to develop and plan weekly activity and/or program schedules as well as attend trainings and skill development workshops.
- You will also be expected to help with facility cleaning at the end of each shift.
- In our current COVID full day operation, we have two shifts, 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 12:30 – 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and you must be available five days a week.
- The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification.
- It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, nor limit the ability of the organization to create its own boundaries around employee work performance or compensation.
- We minimize exposure to new people and everyone must practice proper social distancing throughout the day.
- Experience:Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location:One locationWork Remotely:No
- Take your job search wherever you go.
Links for Boys & Girls Clubs of Emerald Valley