Summer Engineering Assistant Internship (Fort Bragg)
Expired 1 month agoInactive Job
- Other potential work areas could include, LiDAR data collection, underwater sonar data collection, condemnation map production used by the NC Attorney General's office as well as collection and processing of drone (UAS) data.
- Photogrammetry (Raleigh Office) The Photogrammetry Unit acquires aerial photography to produce digital spatial information products used for transportation planning design, construction, and maintenance.
- Assist in the inspection of materials used for Highway Construction and Maintenance in the Field (Pipe, Guardrail, Fence, ready mix concrete, aggregates, etc).
- Help a select group of Photogrammetry Technicians perform a visual quality review of about 4000-6000- georeferenced tiled imagery submitted by vendors from the E911 Southern Piedmont Mountain 2019 project.
- This student will be involved in all aspects of construction from field duties (construction inspection, surveying, materials sampling, testing, erosion control, and construction traffic control) to assisting Engineers with contract administration (compiling, analyzing, computing, editing, and processing field data; reviewing claims, change orders, supplemental agreements; participating in monthly construction meetings, community outreach meetings, and media).
- Location and Survey(Office and Field) The primary purpose of NCDOT's Location & Surveys Unit is to provide statewide engineering and geomatics analysis in the development of transportation facilities and acquisition of property in accordance with the best professional engineering and surveying practices consistent with all laws and regulations governing the NC State Highway System.
- Division 9 /Project Development /W-S Construction #2 /Salisbury Construction (Office and Field)The purpose of the Division 9 office is to manage all contract construction and routine maintenance on approximately 5,148 miles of state highway system roads located in Stokes, Forsyth, Davie, Davidson and Rowan counties.
- NCDOT, DOH, Division 13 (Field and Office)Division of Highways Project Development, Construction and Maintenance of a 5100 mile roadway system in the mountains and foothills of North Carolina.
Links for State of North Carolina