Student Learner; Plant General
Last updated 8 days ago
- From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
- The Student Learner may gain experience in any of these departments:+ Machine Shop+ Tool Crib+ Quality+ Maintenance+ Heat TreatQualifications:+ High School Junior or Senior in "good standing" or recent High School graduate 16 -18 years old with a 2.5 GPA or better; Must be willing to provide transcripts and faculty/personal recommendations upon request.
- Associated topics: agriculture, auto, carpentry, culinary, fire, flight, helicopter, horticulture, hospitality, youth
- Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:Applicable to all areas:+ Actively participate in efforts to establish and promote a safe and healthy work environment and inform Safety Director and Supervisor of any accidents or equipment damage that occurs.
- Position Summary:The Student Learner/Youth Apprenticeship Program is designed to allow students to experience a "hands-on" approach to learning in various facets of the manufacturing industry.
- Students have the opportunity to learn in a modern production facility where they will be introduced to valuable knowledge in the industrial fields and forging industry.
- Student Learner; General Plant LaborHours: Part time & flexible ScheduleLocation: Scot Forge Company in Clinton, WICompany History:Scot Forge is a 126 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings.
- Position requires working in production areas while fork lifts, pallet jacks, overhead cranes and related equipment is in use.
Links for Scot Forge Company