Staff Software Engineer, Core Media - HBO Max
Last updated 12 hours ago
- Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
- WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
- HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries.
- Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
- Fluency in a modern programming language, ideally Java, Swift, or TypeScript
- As a Senior Software Engineer on WarnerMedia’s Core Media Engine team, you will build and support client-side components for our streaming video applications including the upcoming HBO Max service.
- The next generation of our Core Media Engine will go deeper with platform-optimized video streaming, buffering, and rendering, using state of the art techniques to provide the best possible video quality.
- You will own client-side video from the network to glass, including video profile selection, digital rights management and licensing, rendering, telemetry and on-the-fly stream optimization.
Links for HBO