Software/UI Development Intern for Energy System Integration
- Job DescriptionNICE America Research, Inc. is a newly established R Center in Silicon Valley and is a branch of the National Institute of Clean-and-low-carbon Energy (NICE) in Beijing, China.
- NICE is the corporate research arm of China Energy Investment Corporation which is an integrated energy company and a Global Fortune 500.
- We are currently building teams to develop cutting-edge sustainable and affordable technologies to improve energy efficiency, protect the environment, and mitigate climate change.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, skill, imagination, passion, and teamwork of people like you.
- Currently, we have a one-year internship opening in energy systems solutions focusing on battery energy storage system.
- Job Responsibilities:The Energy Systems Solutions Focus Area aims to develop technologies for clean energy systems including batteries, energy storage, distributed energy, and micro-grid demonstration (architecture, algorithm, software, power electronics, device integration, intelligent energy management, etc
- The successful intern candidate is expected to:Develop user interface (UI) for manual/auto control of energy storage system.
- Work with the team to build/upgrade state-of-the-art energy storage research lab with key functions of control software development and hardware integration.
- Understand data management framework for energy storage solution.
- Support hardware and software tasks in setup and operation/commissioning of energy storage systems.
- Create and maintain documentation for management tools including UI, trouble-shooting interfaces of energy storage solution.
- Required Qualifications:Enrolled in or completed degree program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience with website development and microcontroller/HMI programing.
- Expertise in system building using Python/C PHP/JSON.Eager to work on challenging, impactful problemsDesired skills: Knowledge of system integration of PCS and energy storage.
- Track record of project documentation through reports, publications and patents.
- Experience with app development on Android/iOS.Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, and presentations.
Links for Nice America Research Inc