Sex Offender Program Therapist
Last updated 8 days ago
- Must be a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) or licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPC) or Ph. D by the state of Montana at time of employment.
- Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 - Any person who has been convicted of engaging in or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or is the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or any person who has been civilly or administratively adjusted to have engaged in the activity as described are not qualified for this position.
- JOB OVERVIEW - The Sex Offender Treatment Program is one of several treatment programs that fall under the supervision of the Corrections division and is responsible for developing, supervising, administering, monitoring, and evaluating sex offender treatment at Montana State Prison.
- MISSION - The Montana Department of Corrections enhances public safety, supports the victims of crime, promotes positive change in offender behavior, and reintegrates offenders into the community.
- This position is assigned to the Sex Offender Treatment Program and is onsite at Montana State Prison.
- Provides program coordination, and continuous quality improvement to the sex offender program, in order to improve investment in and accountability to that program as well as assisting in community transition.
- 2000 hours of supervised work experience in sex offender treatment in a state approved sexual offender program is required.
- Seeks and maintains professional associations, professional memberships, continuing education, and professional licensure in order to increase the quality of psychotherapeutic services offered within the sex offender program.
Links for State of Montana