Senior Software Engineer - (Architecture) in Remote | Careers at Remote
Last updated 2 days ago
- Our backend is composed of many different micro-services built using Spring Boot Rest APIs and Apache Storm, backed by a combination of technologies to fit our scaling needs like PostgreSQL, Cassandra/ScyllaDB, Kafka, Redis, and Elasticsearch allowing us to process billions of events using an event-based architecture.
- As a Senior Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse, you will be working on a Digital Health SaaS platform that supports millions of engaged, active members in 20 languages across 190 countries, serving over 50 billion+ API calls every year to mobile and web users.
- As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse's takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day - from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors.
- All of this is hosted on AWS utilizing tools like Terraform and Ansible to manage our infrastructure.
- Experience with schema registries and knowledge of the tradeoffs between various message serialization protocols
- Our technology Our next generation SAAS platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies: Large scale, highly available, public-facing applications built in Angular for web and native Android/iOS for mobile.
- To support this, we practice CI/CD, allowing each team to deliver value to our customers in as short amount of time as possible, while also giving our teams a continuous feedback loop by using tools like New Relic, ELK, and CloudWatch to monitor application health and performance.
- Design, build, and evolve durable, highly scalable backend event-based systems
Links for Virgin Pulse