Senior, Materials Test Engineer
Expired 25 days agoInactive Job
- A suitable candidate will have a basic sample preparation and fabrication with skills for sample preparation and including machining (hand tools, band saw, drill press, lathe, end mill), fixture manufacturing, using acetylene torches, band saws, and cut off saws (wet, dry).
- The materials testing team with a Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), optical microscopes, image analysis system, sample prep equipment, micro-hardness testers, Position SummaryA successful candidate will have demonstrated ability of independently leading a materials testing lab with previous experience in planning, conducting, and reporting mechanical tests.
- Experience programing control logic for mechanical testing equipment (MTS and Tenuis Olson Software)Experience with creation of simple CAD models as part of design and fabrication of fixturesExperience polishing equipment (manual/automated), and sample mounting processes, hardness testers, optical microscopes is a plus Experience performing root cause analysis on component failure mechanisms is a plus
- PG's Applied Technologies Services (ATS) Materials Engineering & Failure Analysis group provides a range of services, which include failure analysis, material selection, and specification and procedure development.
- Facility description: ATS has a Mechanical Testing and Metallurgy laboratories that specialize in Failure Analysis testing.
- Materials you will most likely encounter on the job are: Steels (pipes, valves, vessels), Aluminum (wire, fittings, connectors), Copper (wire, valves), and ceramics (insulators).
- Experience with materials management (Sample log-in, tracking, and following internal procedures for chain of custody)Comfortable with computers: familiar with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPointDesired:Previously lead and operated a diverse range of material properties testing equipment Basic understanding of hydraulic systems, and electronics preferred.
- Materials Testing Engineer, ATS Mechanical Testing LabDepartment OverviewApplied Technology Services (ATS) has been providing technology-based, innovative, high-value services to the company for over 40 years.
Links for PG&E