Senior Applications Developer
Expired 8 days agoInactive Job
- Caltech manages the Jet Propulsion Laboratory for NASA, the leading US center for the robotic exploration of the Solar System.
- Additionally, IRSA provides archive services for NASA's SOFIA airborne observatory, and the Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF, an NSF-supported time domain survey led by Caltech.
- IRSA is preparing to support upcoming astrophysics missions including: SPHEREx, a recently approved NASA Astrophysics Explorer mission which will conduct a spectroscopic, infrared survey of the entire sky; and Euclid, a European Space Agency (ESA) mission to study the geometry and nature of the dark Universe.
- IPAC at Caltech has an opening for a Senior Applications Developer with a strong background in Unix software development to join the data systems development team for the NASA/IPAC Infrared Science Archive.
- design pattern, develop, java, perl, project architect, senior software developer, software engineer lead
- IPAC, part of the Physics, Math, and Astronomy Division at Caltech (www.
- caltech.edu), provides science operations, user support, data and archive services, and scientific vision to maximize discovery with observatories both in space and on the ground.
- Caltech is small, but has an extraordinary science impact, with 39 Nobel Prizes awarded to faculty and alumni.
Links for California Institute of Technology