School Adjustment Counselor
Expired 11 months agoInactive Job
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW).
- Working with parents/guardians, teachers, school principal/principal’s designee and community based resources; the school adjustment counselor will implement strategies that promote students’ positive school adjustment and overall well-being.
- The School Adjustment Counselor will assist students with academic learning and academic achievement by providing strategic services that identify and address the social-emotional and behavioral concerns as well as environmental issues that interfere with the educational process.
- Certification in proper area and level by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Elementary (School Adjustment Counselor).
- Experience in crisis intervention and SOS (Signs of Suicide) – and participate on the district’s Crisis Response Team. 14.
- Maintain required clinical records and submit appropriate documents for statistical reports with adherence to program standards in school social work
- Assist in the development of a Response to Intervention (RTI) model for the school to include both in-school and community supports and interventions, to address academic, social, emotional, and behavioral learning.
- Experience working collaboratively with community based mental health agencies, Department of Child & Family Services, Department of Youth Services, Department of Mental Health, and other community programs to integrate services for students in the New Bedford Public Schools.
Links for Roosevelt Middle School