RN - Patient Advisory Nurse
- Using the nursing process, assesses; evaluates
- and manages patients' symptoms, treatments and health concerns based on level of urgency and according to established guidelines.
- PAN Nurses, through telehealth nursing, assess, provide a nursing diagnosis, and make a plan for patient care using established protocols and guidelines.
- PAN Nurses triage symptoms according to level of urgency and provide education and information on next steps.
- They deliver telephone nursing care for patients of Carle Foundation Hospital and its affiliates, Health Alliance, and other contracted services.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Documents accurately and completely.
- Performs health assessments via telephone using Adult Telephone Protocols Office version 3rd edition.
- Provides education and counseling to patients, families and groups.
- Supports maintenance and completeness of patient's electronic medical record, including medication reconciliation.
- Primarily provides telehealth triage for acute needs of ambulatory patient population for the Carle organization and community at large as well as contracted services to additional health systems and Health Alliance.
- Provides initial support for all calls to Carle ED requesting to speak with RN, additionally supports acute care processes such as but not limited to ED support of ESE/Venous Duplex scheduling, acute procedure/surgery cancellations, inpatient Echo assessment and scheduling,
- Provides transitional support to the patient from acute care setting, diabetic screening A1C>8.9, new warfarin therapy for new TIA/AFIB diagnosis, as well as chronic warfarin therapy
- Provide transitional support for alert labs on patients who were transferred from the acute care setting to another institution.
- Support of daily OB Sono critical findings, Radiology Critical findings and after hour alert labs for ambulatory clinics.
Links for CARLE