RN New Graduate-Senior Nursing Students - Statewide (Prison Facilities) (Fayetteville)
Expired 1 month agoInactive Job
- Inpatient/Residential Mental Health Nursing (Central Prison, NC Correctional Institution for Women & Maury Correctional only): Performs nursing assessments for Mental Health and medical concerns; processes admissions and discharges ensuring continuity of care and meeting all patient needs; provides acute Mental Health crisis intervention and group facilitator for unit and treatment mall based programs.
- Associated topics: ambulatory, anesthetist, behavioral health, clinician, hospitalist, licensed vocational nurse, medicare, nurse practitioner, public health, registered nurse
- OR Nursing (Central Prison only): Provides Pre and Post - OP care to patients; assists with Pre-OP preparation and care including patient education and placing IV's; functions independently in the Endoscopy area assisting with upper and lower endoscopies; scrubs and circulates in the OR area performing Intra-OP duties as assigned anticipating provider needs; assists with ordering and stocking supplies and maintaining the count of sharp objects as well as procedure trays.
- Correctional Nurse positions provide professional nursing care and treatment for the whole patient in accordance with medical protocols.
- A Correctional Nurse has the opportunity to make a significant impact on an individual and a community.
- Work includes conducting needs assessments based on medical and mental health issues; developing, implementing and evaluating treatment plans with input to multidisciplinary treatment team to include medical, mental health, dental and custody support; and providing patient care and health education to inmates in a state correctional facility.
- Urgent Care Nursing (Central Prison only): ACLS certification; assesses various medical needs; handles emergency situations and crisis intervention for acute Mental Health patients and Medical patients.
- Contact information:Sara Royster, Agency HR Consultant III - Critical ncdps.gov
Links for State of North Carolina