RN, Inpatient BMT Oncology
Last updated 8 days ago
- The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center¿at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine¿is an international leader in cancer treatment, research, prevention, education and community outreach.
- Parent institutions Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine also are nationally recognized, with U.S.News & World Report consistently ranking the hospital and medical school among the nation's elite.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals.
- Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The care is moderate to high acuity providing care with a high complexity of interventions which includes Leukemia care, Autologous Stem Cell transplants, Donor cellular infusions, post allogeneic complications, Graft vs.
- Provide complex nursing care (assessments, monitoring, interventions, and education) for pediatric hematology/oncology patients and stem cell/BMT patients, including;
- OverviewRole PurposeProvides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care to hematology/oncology/gynecology/BMT/Cellular Therapy patients who require a high level of clinical expertise.
- The multidisciplinary group of care providers includes Bone Marrow transplant physicians, oncology nurses, Case managers, coordinators, social workers, spiritual care, pharmacy and psycho-social support.
Links for BJC HealthCare