Expired 11 months agoInactive Job
- JOB GOAL: The Reading Specialist works with the Principal to plan and deliver professional development and collaborates with all teachers (general education and special education teachers) with the goal of raising school and student achievement in Reading and English Language Arts.
- Provide evidence that demonstrates Reading curriculum, instruction, and assessment expertise in the following: understanding and use of student data, leadership and implementation of exemplary instructional practice, impact on student learning especially with “high needs” students, engagement in recent professional development activities.
- Participate in IEP and RtI meetings, and School Improvement Plans (SIP).
- New Bedford Public Schools encourages people with multilingual skills, particularly in Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese and/or Spanish, to apply.
- Planning and modeling of differentiated instruction incorporating quality Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 intervention reading strategies within classrooms on a scheduled basis for students with general education and special education needs.
- Demonstrating school progress through periodic checkpoint meetings with the Superintendent, Chief Academic
- Advanced degrees and Reading Specialist certification.
- Identifying areas of training for school staff in order to stay on track toward meeting AIP targets in Reading and English Language Arts.
Links for Roosevelt Middle School