Public Information Officer
Last updated 2 hours ago
- Sick leave accrued at 4 hours per bi-weekly pay period.
- Vacation leave accrued at 5 hours per bi-weekly pay period.
- Principles and practices of copy writing, editing, video production, news gathering and journalism.
- A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:Education/Training:A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field.
- Crisis communications best practices.
- Serve as public relations liaison with the news media, public and other government agencies.
- Serve as public relations liaison for an assigned area with the news media, public and other government agencies.
- Develop, design, implement, and coordinate strategic communications plans to address City and department priorities, including developing and implementing corresponding public relations materials and campaigns.
Links for City of Reno, NV