Procurement Surgeon Heart And Lung Transplantation
- Sandra Atlas Bass Heart Hospital at North Shore University Hospital Northwell Health Northwell Healths Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery is seeking an attending surgeon to join our group to perform heart and lung procurements.
- Northwell Healths cardiac surgical program is one of the largest in New York State, doing more than 3,000 adult surgeries across our network.
- The transplant program lives at The Sandra Atlas Bass Heart Hospital at North Shore University Hospital and is the only Long Island hospital to offer cardiac transplant, and is the fastest growing LVAD program in the region.
- We are also starting a Lung Transplant program beginning 2022.
- We offer the full spectrum of care to advanced heart and Lung failure patients, including cardiopulmonary exercise testing, hemodynamic monitor implantation, LVAD and transplant, advanced imaging, electrophysiology, and participation in investigator-initiated and sponsored clinical trials.
- Northwell similarly has one of the largest general thoracic programs in New York, performing more than 3,000 general thoracic surgeries across our system per year.
- Furthermore, Northwell has robust and well established medical programs for cystic fibrosis, COPD, pulmonary hypertension, etc.
- The infrastructure dedicated to cardiothoracic surgery including transplant and MCS includes experienced and fulltime PAs and NPs, a 6-year integrated residency and 2-year traditional cardiothoracic fellowship, as well as 24/7 critical care intensivists that are under the department of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery.
- Northwell also has a robust ECMO and ECMO-to-go program, supported by one of the largest hospital-based ambulance fleets in the country, plus an air medical program.
- This is a full-time, academic, position with vast clinical, research, and teaching opportunities.
- The candidate will receive an academic appointment at the Zucker School of Medicine at Northwell/Hofstra commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
- Cover letter should be addressed to: Alan R. Hartman, MD Chair, Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Northwell Health Cardiology For further information please contact the Office of Physician Recruitment at OPRnorthwell.edu.
- Sandra Atlas Bass Heart Hospital at North Shore University HospitalNorthwell Health Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician
Links for Northwell Health