Physician Asst (FH) OBGYN
- Performs a variety of procedures for the pre-operative and post-operative care of surgical patients.
- Performs additional related duties.
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents and communicates the plan of care and follows-up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work and diagnostic tests
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions and any referrals on patient charts
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- ADA Essential Functions
- Bachelor's Degree, required.
- Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA) program, required.
- Licensed Physician Assistant (LPA) by the New York State Department of Education, required.
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS certification, required.
Stand out and contact Northwell Health directly