- Reassure patients and help them relax Find veins that are suitable for puncture Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing Answer patient questions and provide useful information Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- We rely on our phlebotomists to preserve patient health and quality of samples, use a variety of phlebotomy methods (e.g. venipuncture, skin puncture), and generally help us ensure out patients stay as healthy as possible.
- At Acton Medical Associates, our phlebotomists work with a wide range of patients from newborns and other pediatric patients, to geriatric and other adult patients.
- Job Requirements: Responsibilities Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- In addition to phlebotomy skills, we look for applicants who have presence of mind, great people skills, attention to detail, and a dedication to patient care.
- We partner closely with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to ensure the strictest of safety guidelines are met in all of our locations.
- AMA,PC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Acton Medical Associates, PC is looking for passionate Phlebotomists to work with our patients daily.
Links for Careerbuilder US