Patient Services Representative I
Last updated 1 day ago
- This may also include insurance coverage verification, obtaining authorization for services requiring pre-certification or referral, collecting payments, and/or preparing charts/paperwork for patient visits.
- Our representatives lead with empathy and are passionate about showing compassion, ensuring quality work, and providing patients with a stress-free experience while they are registered for healthcareservices.
- Preferred Skills: Experience working within the registration process in a hospital or physician office setting, including demonstrated success in obtaining patient demographic and financial information, handling insurance verification and obtaining authorizations.
- Takes advantage of all training provided and ensures expertise in hospital/clinicsystems includingCarePricer, HIPAA confidentiality, healthcare insurance payer portals and protocols, insurance verification and data entry protocols, which hospital/clinicdocuments are required for medical and financial compliance, navigating the hospital/clinicand understanding and applying age-specific competencies, among others.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the revenue cycle and how patient registration affects the billing process.
- By providing a superior patient experience, receives high satisfaction survey scores from patients, at or above goal.
- Basic understanding of patient access services and the overall effect on the revenue cycle.
- Depending on the assigned client location, may screen patients for Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act or hospital sponsored financial program and provides appropriate documentation and referral.
Links for nThrive