Patient Care Associate - BI - Part Time -Nights
- Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
- Assists with dietary functions, including delivering and collecting patient trays at bedside, passing menus to patients and assisting them with menu completion, mixing nutritional supplements, reporting variation in eating patterns to RN/Dietitian, and maintaining accurate and timely systems for transmission of patient dietary orders and changes
- Performs clinical procedures, such as specimen collection, venipuncture, EKG, application of compression devices, post-mortem care, and maintenance of skin integrity.
- As an integral part of the clinical care team, the Patient Care Associate is responsible for patient care and support activities promoting patient focused care within the Specialty Service.
- Performs on-to-one observation or close observation status of patients, e.g. safety, elopement risk, or suicide prevention
- Associated topics: asn, bsn, coronary, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, recovery, registed, surgical, unit
- Assists the patient in room maintenance, such as bed-stripping and trash removed, when necessary
- Performs and records patient's vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respirations.
Links for Mount Sinai Health System