- Communicates pre-treatment instructions or preparations that have been identified by the service area to the patients during the scheduling pre-registration call.
- 1+ year of recent experience working in a hospital, physician office or healthcare call center handling patient medical information where knowledge of medical terminology is required in order to complete daily work or certification in medical billing or medical coding acquired within the last 2 years.
- 2+ years’ experience registering or billing in a medical setting or insurance claims processing preferred.
- This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAcompliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory regulations: COBRA/ EMTALA, Medicare Secondary Payer screening, Advance Beneficiary Notification, Important Message, etc.
- Ensures completeness of scripts and confirms medical necessity, to include being fluent in facility EMR, eligibility validation processes and software.
- Under general supervision, this customer service-oriented role will coordinate with patients, ancillary departments and physicians to schedule patient’s for outpatient exams and/or surgery.
- This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program.
Links for nThrive