Outside Plant Technician (Fiber & Copper)
Expired 2 years agoInactive Job
- Outside Plant Technician (Fiber & Copper)
- Perform basic to complex installation of troubleshoot/repair copper/fiber based phone, internet or video services in a residential or commercial environment (SMB) from the tap to the connection of the CPE; including but not limited to, all necessary wiring of both interior and exterior associated equipment in the forward and return signal path of the customer premise network (CPN)
- Familiarity with computer operating systems, and a myriad of consumer communications devices (e.g., PDAs, smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices), and computer software applications.
- Configure, install and maintain Network Wi-Fi products to routers, gateway servers, Ethernet switches, and wireless access points and other components.
- Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, gas sheets as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders.
- Clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc
Links for Kaptel