Outpatient Coder II - Health First Medical Group
- Job Description To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by providing timely, complete and accurate data collection for quality clinical analysis and revenue enhancement.
- Primary Accountabilities Literacy and proficiency in computer technology and Health Information/Coding applications needed for departmental efficiency and job performance.
- Solid proficiency in computer assisted coding work flow processes with accurate execution and efficiency.
- Validate accuracy of codes assigned by the Computer Assisted Coding tool, recognizing inappropriate application of clinical coding rules/guidelines making revisions to the codes assigned based upon expert subject knowledge and provider documentation.
- Interpret clinical documentation to ensure codes reported are clearly and consistently supported by the health record.
- Request clarification from provider when there is conflicting, incomplete, or ambiguous information in the health record regarding a significant reportable condition or procedure or other reportable data element.
- Abstract pertinent information accurately and completely into the computer assisted coding application.
- Verify documentation of patient status is indicated in the medical record Verify and revise according to documentation in the medical record of the proper discharge disposition.
- Assign revenue codes on CPT -4 surgical procedures performed and coded.
- Verify charge description master charges/revenue codes for surgical procedures performed.
- Apply modifier to CPT-4 codes as appropriate as per the Official Coding Guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently maintaining focus on scope of work assigned.
Links for Health First