Nursing Director - Cardiac Surgical ICU
Last updated 2 hours ago
- MercyOne's Central Iowa Region includes medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics.
- Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
- MercyOne is a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping individuals live their best life.
- Works independently with limited direction from the nurse executive using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards and professional judgment.
- Expected to take at least six credits per year at the CNO or Associate Chief of Nursing's discretion for exception.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- Directs/provides emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Develops an annual operational plan (including scope of service) integrated with Mercy's strategic plan and related departments' operational plans in order to efficiently provide services.
Links for Catholic Health Initiative