Neurosurgery Physician Assistant (Experience Preferred - Forest Hills Hospital
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents, and communicates the plan of care and follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests.
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions, and any referrals on patient charts.
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- Performs related duties as required.
- All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree, required.
- Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs ARC-PA) program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the New York State Department of Education, required.
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS certification, required.
- Associated topics: assistant, assistant cvor, assistant psych, assistant surgery, assistant surgical, clinic, physician assistant, practice physician, urgent care, walk in
Stand out and contact Northwell Health directly