Last updated 5 days ago
- As assigned, contributes to the leadership of the unit by functioning as the Resource Nurse and/or by participating in the professional development of others through preceptor/mentor activities.
- DOCUMENTATION/COMMUNICATION - Completes all required documentation in a timely manner, according to CCMC policies and standards; necessary information is effectively communicated to all members of the health care team.
- CLINICAL PRACTICE - On a daily basis, demonstrates clinical expertise and uses the nursing process to provide safe, appropriate patient care to a defined patient population according to CCMC and unit policies and standards.
- CCMC STANDARDS - Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with the CCMC Standards.
- Provides appropriate education to patients and families regarding all aspects of care according to CCMC policies and standards; supports the organization's efforts to patient/family education.
- We specialize in the care of children with complex Neurology, Cardiology, Pulmonary and Urology conditions as well as other general medical ailments.
- To be considered for next steps in the interview process, we require all Staff Nurse applicants for positions in our Medical Surgical Units to introduce themselves to us with a digital video interview.
- Our team is family oriented and we pride ourselves on teamwork, discovery, advocacy, communication and providing compassionate care.
Links for Connecticut Children's Medical Center