Last updated 4 days ago
- Generalist techs are responsible for maintaining CAP defined competency in multiple departments including: Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Andrology, Serology, Blood Bank, and Microbiology.
- Testing and Quality Control performance includes, but is not limited to, rapid tests, cell differentials, automated Chemistry testing, blood gases, body fluid cell counts, automated and manual urine microscopy, blood typing, antibody screens, unit compatibility crossmatches, setting specimens for bacterial culture, rapid PCR testing, processing specimens for in house and reference testing.
- Experience utilizing LIS for resulting patient specimens and documentation of results.
- Techs are expected to maintain and support all CAP and Joint Commission accreditation standards in all work practices.
- Techs are expected to competently perform the full menu of testing on blood, urine, and body fluids in accordance to CAP standards, following departmental polices, once training is completed.
- Phlebotomy competencies are established and maintained by all technical staff.
- Technical abilities and theoretical understanding must include the basic knowledge of the scope of practice and the laboratory.
- The Laboratory is staffed 7 days a week, 365 days a year using 8 hour and 12 hours shifts.
Links for Onslow Memorial Hospital