Middle and Upper School Substitute Teachers
- Specifically, we are seeking teachers of:Advanced Mathematics: Algebra 2, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and CalculusScience: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Marine, and Environmental ScienceWorld Languages: Chinese/Mandarin, French, Latin, and Spanish native language speakers who have taught in an immersion environment.
- Applicants should have a mobile device, knowledge of the use of Mac laptop, google docs, and word processing software, and confident familiarity with crafting and responding to email and text communications.
- It is a particularly exciting time for the School: current initiatives include the fully endowed Equity & Justice Institute, an ambitious 15-point strategic plan and a capital campaign to construct a performing arts complex on the 21st Street campus.
- Its progressive philosophy, strong community and culture, emphasis on diversity and inclusion (50% of students and 38% of faculty identify as people of color), and a belief that all domains of school life (arts, athletics, service, etc.)
- Credentialed teachers and/or those with advanced degrees in the discipline and who have experience teaching Middle School and Upper School students in a progressive school environment are preferred.
- BA/BS degree required, Masters or higher preferred.
- 3+ years of teaching experiencePhysical Demands:Ability to climb stairs to classes.
- Position Overview:We are currently accepting applications for experienced teachers to substitute teach as needed on campus.
Links for CROSSROADS SCHOOL FOR ARTS & SCIENCES