Medical Technologist (MT) - Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Expired 10 days agoInactive Job
- Follows safety guidelines, OIG compliance requirements and follows protocol for proficiency testing of samples.
- Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste.
- EEO is the Law links inEnglish, Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic.
- Performs, analyzes and records quality control and instrument maintenance/troubleshooting making judgments concerning results, and takes appropriate action necessary to maintain accuracy and precision.
- This job receives and prepares specimens according to standard protocols and procedures; performs laboratory tests and calculations to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease; performs quality control procedures and evaluates test performance and results; calibrates, maintains and monitors equipment used in analytical determinations; performs phlebotomy procedures as appropriate; and maintains confidentiality of patient related information.
- Participates in performance improvement opportunities by assisting in the collection and analysis of data and supports business development and cost reduction initiatives by managing supply and reagent inventory.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work.
- Adheres to regulatory compliance guidelines and maintains an awareness of accreditation standards for laboratories by reviewing the most current checklist/standards.
Links for Ochsner Clinic Foundation