Medical Technologist, Blood Bank
- Department: Laboratory, Blood Bank
- Location: Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
- Schedule: Day Shift, 3 12/s 6:30a - 7p with weekend rotation every 3rd weekend
- Up to $7,500 Sign on Bonus offered
- Independently performs laboratory procedures for which the technologist has been trained and demonstrated competency.
- Independently performs laboratory testing on patients of all ages using professional knowledge of laboratory procedures, executing, interpreting and/or analyzing, in an accurate and timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus a sufficient number of college and/or technical school courses and clinical training to satisfy the requirements for testing and certification as a medical technologist by an approved certifying agency.
- None required beyond education/training requirement.
- Certification as a medical technologist or medical laboratory scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), AMT (American Medical Technologists) or AAB (American Association of Bioanalysts) according to the qualifications through the State of Georgia Department of Community Health, Healthcare Facility, Clinical Laboratory regulations.
- A person who recently moved into the state of Georgia or recently completed the academic and training/experience requirements may be temporarily classified as technologists or technicians for eighteen (18) months only to afford the person an opportunity to successfully complete an approved qualifying examination.
- AAB provisional certification not accepted.
- Bachelor's Degree in clinical laboratory science, biomedical science, medical technology or in a life / biological science (biology, biochemistry, microbiology, etc.)
- One year of supervised clinical experience as a medical technologist in a clinical preferred.
- Should be competent in areas of the laboratory being covered, including chemistry, hematology, coagulation, blood bank, microbiology preferred.
Stand out and contact Piedmont Atlanta Hospital directly