- New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability.
- A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide.
- The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
- New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world.
- For more information, visit nyit.edu.
- Responsible for the cataloging and classification of library materials in all physical formats and subjects using national standards and local practices (OCLC and SIRSIDynix)Maintains quality control of records in the librarys online catalog, including authority work.
- will coordinate a systematic review service, help researchers and students navigate systematic reviews from protocol to publication and conduct systematic review searchesLiaison to one or more departments in the medical school and School of Health ProfessionsBack-up for interlibrary loans transactions, particularly in the evening using Docline and OCLC, as needed.
- Provide evening reference services to students, faculty and staff through one-on-one consultations and LibChatSupervise evening library associate and student workers Assist at Circulation desk as neededOther duties as assignedHours: Monday-Friday 3pm 11pm
- MLS or MLIS required from an accredited program.
- Knowledge of Pubmed and other Health Sciences databases and demonstrated experience developing search strategies for literature reviewsExperience with SIRSI and latest library technology preferredExcellent written and communication skills.
- Experience in using citation management software such as Zotero or MendeleyAbility to work independently and as part of team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Please submit cover letter & resume for considerationNew York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Links for New York Institute of Technology