Medical Director - Utilization Management
- About NYC Health + HospitalsMetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc.
- As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics.
- For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
- Position OverviewThe Medical Director is responsible for assisting in ensuring appropriate health care utilization management (UM).
- The Medical Director serves as a physician and policy advisor to the Plans Chief Medical Officer.
- Performs Peer to Peer discussions, as applicable, and educates physicians and others on current policy, medical management issues.
- Assist the Chief Medical Officer in the identification and implementation of opportunities for improving the pre and post payment review process.
- Assist in new technology assessment and clinical policy review as required and has facility in researching the evidence based literature, including use of comparable database.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Chief Medical Officer relevant to UM,Appeals and clinical policy process.
- A minimum of three years clinical experienceA minimum of two years experience in a managed care setting, in particular utilization managementLicensure and/or Certification RequiredValid and current license to practice medicine in the state of New York. Board Eligible/CertificationProfessional CompetenciesIntegrity and TrustCustomer FocusFunctional/Technical SkillsWritten/Oral Communications
Stand out and contact Metroplus Health Plan directly