MCS Enforcement Scale Officer Butte 22054
Expired 1 month agoInactive Job
- MCS Officers also have the opportunity to grow and advance within the department with our Career Ladder advancing to Corporal status as well as competing for open Sergeant, Lieutenant and Captain positions.
- Selection Process: Entry-level applicant is one who has not graduated the MLEA Basic Law Enforcement Officer Basic Course in Montana and/or does not have any law enforcement experience.
- Additional Requirements: To apply for a MCS Officer position, you must: have a valid driver's license from any state and have at least three years' driving experience at the time of application be a citizen of the United States be a Montana resident at the time you are appointed as a sworn trooper be at least 18 years of age at the time of application Be of good moral character and in sound, active physical, and mental condition.
- Applicants must meet the Montana Law Enforcement Academy's physical fitness requirements for acceptance into the Law Enforcement Officer Basic Course.
- All applications will be reviewed for compliance with current Montana Public Safety Officer Standards and Training (POST) rules and regulations.
- Possesses a current Basic Law Enforcement POST Certificate (from Montana or another state) AND has been employed in a full-time sworn peace officer position within the last five years.
- Applicants must also comply with title 7-32-303 MCA Prior to completing your application please review the law enforcement code of ethics at All documentation required establishing Military Preference or as required as part of the application must be submitted by the closing date to be considered during the selection process.
- As per contract, MCS officers will not be allowed to transfer from one location to another more than one time a year, unless approved by management.
Links for State of Montana