Livestock Market Supervisor - Glendive
Expired 2 months agoInactive Job
- The main day-to-duties include; coordinating inspections of livestock, and ensuring brand inspection, proof of ownership, lien and mortgage identification, and animal health requirements are met prior to change of ownership, slaughter, and transportation transactions; interpreting and applying livestock laws and departmental policies, coordinating department inspection activities, and maintain relations with the commission companies.
- The position is also responsible for responding to incidents of stray cattle and accidents involving livestock, and resolving ownership discrepancies.
- This position is responsible for supervising 1 full-time Livestock Inspector and a part-time seasonal short term worker.
- A willingness and ability to adapt to changing priorities to best serve the agency and the livestock industry.
- The head of the agency is not a director but a seven-member board made up of active livestock producers appointed by the Governor.
- The Department of Livestock is a small state agency of about 140 employees spread across the state of Montana.
- Our department has many long-term employees who are passionate about protecting and serving the livestock industry in Montana.
- Competencies: Expected to become competent in two knowledge and duty areas (brands and animal health).
Links for State of Montana