Expired 2 months agoInactive Job
- Student Support Services/Library Information Specialist.
- Description: (1) Full time LibrarianThe school librarian provides instructional leadership for the teaching of information literacy skills, develops and maintains a school library collection that has up-to-date digital and print materials and technology, including curation of openly licensed educational resources, and manage the school library as a flexible, multi-tasked learning environment.
- Must meet ISBE requirements and have the Library Information Specialist endorsement.
- Collaborates with school faculty and administrators to develop a program that supports the instructional curriculum including elearning strategies.
- Plans and directs special projects that supports, supplements, and elevates the literacy experience through guidance and motivational reading initiatives.
- Responsibilities of the Librarian
- Empower students to be critical thinkers, skillful researchers, informed consumers, and ethical users of information.
- Collaborates with teachers in planning assignments providing instruction that supports the development of digital learning, participatory learning, inquiry learning, technology interfaces, and information literacy.
Links for Elementary School District 159