Expired 17 days agoInactive Job
- Educational/Recreational OpportunitiesIntern will learn how to identify native and non-native plants, monitor vegetation using NPS protocols, and learn how to collect field data using tablets.
- Work will consist primarily of serving as acrew-member on a 4-5 person field crew removing non-native plants from the park using herbicide as well as with manual and mechanical methods.
- The intern will study for and take the Maine State Pesticide Applicator exam to obtain a pesticide applicator license.
- The intern will also participate in native plant salvage and re-vegetation efforts to restore native plant communities.
- All allowances are subject to state and local taxLocation DescriptionAcadia National Park, Bar Harbor, ME.Training ProvidedHerbicide use and handling training, First Aid/CPR, Driving Dynamics, Orientation to Acadia and NPS, other training offered at the park as available.
- There is hiking, biking, climbing, paddling, and touristy stuff available during the summer.
- Housing or Stipend Provided?
- YesIndoor/OutdoorOutdoorUS CitizenshipNot Required
Links for Student Conservation Association