Insurance Verification Specialist
- Ability to professionally and appropriately handle physician / payor call escalations•Ability to follow and participate in the development of SOPs. •Deliver Quality work, and maintains high meet to exceeds scores on Quality audits & metrics•Work at times with our newest and most challenging accounts, working well under pressure.
- Troubleshoot where necessary to achieve goal of obtaining authorization.
- Identifies and resolves prior authorization issues / patient access issues.
- Appropriately documents all payer, patient, and client interactions.
- Able to learn system software and adjust to system enhancements.
- Work in a flexible environment, where the work performed can change quickly and where responsiveness is key.
- Follow up on pending cases with payers, patients, health care providers, and laboratories through to resolution both verbally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Qualifications for role:•Healthcare background, or coding, with medical terminology•Previous experience with prior authorizations and medical insurance knowledge (Familiar with Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial payers)•Medical Billing experience Preferred•Computer Skills•minimum 2 years' experience with Microsoft Word and Excel•Oncology related experience a plus•Laboratory related experience a plusAPPLY NOW for immediate consideration!
- We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.
Stand out and contact AppleOne directly