Hospital Assistant, PIH Health Downey, Full Time, Day Shift
- PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region.
- The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, womens health, urgent care and emergency services.
- The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nations Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nations top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology.
- PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
- For more information, visit or follow us on
- The Hospital Assistant will transport Emergency Room and In-patients safely to and from designated areas/departments; and would also help all Nursing and Ancillary areas with patient transport needs as well as assist with other patient care duties within their scope.
- The Hospital Assistant will continually communicate with technologists, nurses, family and outside staff regarding the patients well-being and care needs.
- Basic phone communications
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Willingness to work all shifts
- Excellent communication skills and time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current BLSCPR certification from the American Heart Association
- One (1) year of previous experience in an acute hospital center
- Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce.
Links for PIH Health