H & M Retail Store Manager
- Job DescriptionTitle: Store ManagerFunction: SalesDepartment: StoreReports to: District ManagerDirect Reports: Department Manager, Department Supervisor, Visual Merchandisers (if no SVM) If applicable, Cash Office Responsible, Store Ops Manager, Store HR Generalist are also Direct Reports.
- You are responsible for reaching the Sales and Profit goals in your Store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience.
- You ensure you have the Best Team and support their development.
- You work with talent and leadership development and structured performance management for your Store Team based on results, values and leadership.
- You work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
- You act in line with our Values and Leadership Expectations.
- You contribute to our business success by being results driven, business minded and a team player; a role model for H&M.Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Sales & ProfitYou are responsible for reaching the Sales and Profit goals in your Store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience.
- You ensure we offer all employees fair and attractive work conditions and that all employee relation responsibilities, legal requirements and H&M policies are fulfilled.
- Ensure health & safety, legal and security issues are being handled to H&M standards and local laws securing the employee and customer safety at all times.
- You strengthen our Company Culture by promoting feedback in our daily work and coach your Store Team to do the same.
- QualificationsMinimum Candidate Qualifications:High School graduate or equivalent; Associates or Bachelor's Degree is preferred Minimum of 2 years' of retail management or comparable experience Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.)
- for a short distance Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool Additional InformationRequirements:Ability to coach and counsel staff on performance management and progressive discipline techniques Open availability including evenings and weekends Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry are needed Around 5% travel required as necessary (District Meetings, Workshops, etc.)
- Financial Accountability:Sales and profit responsibility for your store Accurate recording of sales figures and hours
- Associated topics: assistant store manager, co manager, general manager, leader, major gifts officer, manager, retail store manager, store manager, retail management, team lead
Links for H & M