High School Special Education Coordinator
- The Academy Charter Schools offers an exceptional interdisciplinary curriculum in a technology-rich environment that challenges students to explore connections across subjects and use experiential learning to bridge the gaps between theory and practice.
- s focus on character development and community service cultivate a student body poised to be active, engaged and responsible members of the community.
- The Academy employs a committed staff whose teaching and high academic and behavioural expectations will promote the excellence known so the community?
- s children can achieve.
- The Academy Charter School is currently seeking a High School Special Education Coordinator to be responsible for the following:+ Serves as the primary liaison between the district and school personnel for special education services provided by the school.
- Coordinates and oversees special education services and personnel to ensure students' needs are being met+ Provides specialized instructional support and leadership in progress monitoring, student observations, and consultation with general education teachers.
- + Ensures that services provided by contractual personnel are of high quality and are aligned with students?
- IEPs/504 plans+ Overseeing / managing a caseload of special education students and the implementation of their IEP/504 plans in: inclusive, self-contained and pull-out settings.
- + Ensures compliance by the school with all local and Federal laws and regulation relating to students with IEPs/504 plans and students referred to special education.
- + Ensures that IEPs are developmentally appropriate, curriculum/standards -based, and relevant to individual students.
- + Facilitating workshops for parents, as well as identifies resources for parents of students with special needs.
- + Engaging parents and families in their student?
- s learning and acting as an ambassador for the school in the community.
- + Connecting with student?
- s outside providers, to support student?
- s needs in classroom.
- Qualifications+ Masters Degree in Special Education and certification in Special Education with related experience + One to two years of successful classroom teaching experience as a special education teacher+ Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of colleagues, parents, families, and community members
Links for The Academy Charter School