Expired 4 years agoInactive Job
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters, alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbo’s, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Heavy Duty Lead Technician/ Lead Truck Technician/ Lead Diesel Technician
- - Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services - Maintain work area appearance and safety - Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Lead Technician will also be responsible for shop safety, cleanliness, lean operating procedures, following labor time guides, quoting work, direct supervision of other technicians, along with some administrative duties.
- - Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Heavy Duty Lead Technician 1st shift, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
- - Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- NYS inspector’s license preferred but not required.
Links for Weis Truck & Trailer Repair