Head Start Collaboration Coordinator (New Bern)
Expired 2 months agoInactive Job
- This position will formally represent Head Start in connection with the Head Start State Association, work with the regional Office of Administration for Children and Families in Atlanta and the Federal Office of Head Start to determine how Head Start policies can best coordinate within the state, bring Head Start programs to the table for comprehensive preschool planning in North Carolina, and serve as the Executive Director's principal policy advisor for Head Start.
- The OEL promotes the alignment of Pre-K - Grade 3 program components to address the unique needs of young children and their families, with an emphasis on standards, curricula, and assessment.
- This position serves as a senior consultant for policy, program planning and development, and facilitating coordination and collaboration of Head Start programs across the state with other preschool programs, including the North Carolina Pre-Kindergarten Program, public school preschools, and private childcare.
- This position will also pursue ten federal priorities that focus on coordinating Head Start services with other State and local initiatives supporting staff professional development; children and families experiencing homelessness; family literacy; health services; and many others.
- This is a homebased position and requires travel aligned to Head Start State Association work and responsibilities.
- If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact NC Department of Public Instruction Human Resources, ATTN: Stephanie Sellers; Email: dpi.nc.gov, Phone: (984) Applications for positions requiring specific coursework must be accompanied by a copy of the applicant's transcript.
- NC DPI welcomes attached or incorporated resumes, cover letters and reference information, but these items will not be used for screening for qualifying credit.
- Specific policy development is needed around the connection of Head Start with other state preschool programs.
Links for State of North Carolina