- A commitment to continuous improvement About the Job: The Foster Care Case Manager serves as a foster family licensing worker within a Region of the Department of Child Services (DCS).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university is required with at least 15 semester hours or 21 quarter hours in Child Development, Criminology, Criminal Justice, Education, Healthcare, Home Economics, Psychology, Guidance and Counseling, Social Work, or Sociology required.
- Cohort training lasts approximately 12 weeks and is subject to change contingent upon successful completion of classroom and learning activities About the Department of Child Services: Mission: The Indiana Department of Child Services leads the states response to allegations of child abuse and neglect and facilitates child support payments.
- Thorough knowledge of state and/or federal laws, regulations, guidelines and standards affecting child protection services, foster care, family preservation and adoption.
- Accept on-call responsibility (includes weekends and holidays) as assigned for placement consultation and foster parent support.
- Facilitate foster parent support meetings that include 1 in-service training hour per meeting.
- The Indiana Department of Child Services is a drug free workplace.
- - BSW and/or MSW degree preferred
Links for State of Indiana