Food Service Worker Part-time
- Job DescriptionAt Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect.
- Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
- We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners.
- No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making of every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and ever referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
- Duties:Assembles patient trays according to marked menu and diet; may be assigned to various stations (starter, desserts, salads, hot food, beverage, loader or cart delivery).
- Prepares salads, sauces, desserts, etc.
- according to proper preparation methods.
- Responsible for standard food service work including sanitation duties, and various serving responsibilities.
- Prepares and portions cold food for patient tray service.
- Assembles, labels and delivers patient meals, snacks, tube feedings, nourishments and floor stocks.
- Works in dish area, scraping trays, loading or unloading dish machine.
- Has knowledge of proper food handling procedures and government regulations regarding the food code.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
Links for Sharon Regional Medical Center