Firefighter (hazardous Materials Tech/basic Life Support)
Expired 5 days agoInactive Job
- Employee is required to be certified by the Department of Defense (DOD) Firefighter Certification System as Airport Firefighter (includes Firefighter I, 11), HAZMAT Awareness, HAZMAT Operations, HAZMAT Technician, Apparatus Driver Operator-Pumper, Apparartus Driver Operator -Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF), Apparatus Driver Operator-Mobile Water Supply (MWS), and possess State or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) -Basic Life Support (EMT-B) certification.
- Associated topics: ecotoxicology, ehs, environmental, environmental protection agency, groundwater, hydrogeologist, landfill, pollution, water, water treatment
- Drive and operate firefighting vehicles, such as pumpers, aerial ladder trucks, and Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicles.
- Hazards include: Burns, dehydration, and other effects of heat, smoke inhalation, falling materials, or explosions; Exposure to toxic materials and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive agents; Physical injury and sensory damage from firefighting activities and noise levels; Dealing with victims in varying stages of fright, panic and injury; Operating or riding on fire truck under adverse conditions or flying in aircraft to reach crash sites of fires in outlying areas.
- Knowledge of basic and specialized airfield and structural firefighting equipment (fire alarm system operation, fire extinguishing equipment operation, etc.)
- Perform crash-rescue and firefighting duties involving air traffic or support operations where hazardous conditions are such that the expectancy for fire is high and potential for becoming destructive is great.
- Specialized experience is described as (1) controlling or extinguishing fires as a member of an organized military, industrial, volunteer, or governmental fire department or brigade; (2) rescue operations; (3) detection, reduction, or elimination of potential fire hazards; (4) operation of fire communications equipment; (5) controlling hazardous materials incidents and/or (6) developing, implementing, or providing training in fire protection and prevention.
- sss.gov This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program Employee must maintain current certifications Disclosure of Political Appointments THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED FOR DRUG TESTING. IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO URINALYSIS TESTING PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO RANDOM URINALYSIS TESTING AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. Employee must participate in a mandatory physical fitness program.
Links for Air Force