Executive Assistant to the Editor
- The Executive Assistant to the Editor will provide administrative and organizational support for the Editor of The Buffalo News, as well as the Managing Editor and Deputy Managing Editor.
- We publish a daily newspaper that circulates across Western New York with numerous web and digital apps.
- To succeed, applicants must have a four-year college degree; possess good business writing skills; superior organizational skills, with sure-handed efficient handling of all details; fluency in standard business and digital technology; an unflappable, no-drama demeanor; absolute integrity and discretion; and must excel at diplomacy.
- The Buffalo News is the largest news organization in Upstate New York, and one of the largest newspapers in the country.
- The Buffalo News offers an excellent benefits package for full-time employees including a wide array of medical, dental and life insurance benefits for employees and dependents, a pension plan, and a 401k plan.
- The duties include managing contact with other department heads, community members, callers and visitors; scheduling and preparing for appointments, meetings and helping with travel arrangements; working with other News departments to meet day-to-day needs, drafting correspondence, and handling expense reports and invoices.
- The Executive Assistant to the Editor is the main administrator in the newsroom.
- The Buffalo News has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant to the Editor.
Links for The News