Expired 1 month agoInactive Job
- Snow removal when necessary and other related duties as required (e.g., keep garage area, equipment and tools clean and orderly; mow grass; operate snow plow, tow truck or other equipment; repair mowers and sharpens blades; pump gasoline and diesel fuel and maintain daily records of same;
- Ability to repair all types of equipment that is required to perform various types of highway maintenance activities such as snow plowing, paving, chip spreading, excavating, traffic line painting, traffic signal repair, and traffic sign replacement.
- The Equipment Mechanic performs preventative maintenance and service on cars and light trucks, heavy duty trucks, aerial lift trucks, paving equipment, excavating equipment, tractors, generators, lawn movers, chain saws, weed eaters, pumps, and other motorized equipment as assigned by supervisor.
- Rebuild, replace and/or repair major parts on cars and light trucks, heavy duty trucks, and heavy equipment (e.g., exhaust system, fuel injection, electrical systems, transmission, drive train, mechanical and air suspension, charging systems, air and hydraulic brakes);
- Attend appropriate training school, safety meetings, mechanic meetings or related meetings;
- Install snow plow blades and make repairs on damaged plow assemblies;
- Extensive knowledge of heavy and light duty vehicle and equipment repair.
- Minimum of five years experience in equipment and fleet maintenance;-Extensive knowledge of and ability to use tools associated with vehicle and motorized equipment repair
Links for State of Indiana