ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST (Title 32)
Expired 6 months agoInactive Job
- JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to serve as the installation environmental program manager, providing expert technical advice directly to the Commander on National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Installation Restoration Program (IRP), Air Space, Hazardous Waste and various other environmental programs.
- justification for development of plans for improvement or alteration or the construction of new facilities, (e.g., sewer systems, water supply systems, hazardous waste management systems, oil/water separators, sluice gates, etc
- Knowledge and skill to assess the impact of the installation's activities regarding public safety, ecology, and environment involving matters which are directly or closely related to public welfare and the protection of natural resources.
- COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT: All applications will be considered regardless of Branch/AOC/FA/MOS. Incumbent will be required to be assigned to compatible military position within 1 year of selection.
- Serves as the ARNG contact and spokesperson with local, federal and state regulators.
- Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Links for Department of the Army