Environmental Characterization Specialist
- Environmental Characterization SpecialistJob DescriptionRSI is actively seeking a talented and experienced Environmental Characterization Specialist to support the UCOR Cleanup Projects at ETTP, ORNL, and Y12.
- The Characterization Specialist is responsible for the implementation of CERCLA documentation, characterization planning, sampling and analysis plans, and work plans to provide a path forward for ultimate disposition of remediated materials.
- The facilities subject to characterization by UCOR have a wide variety of radionuclide and chemical contaminants; thus, a broad background of characterization experience is desired.
- This position is primarily for the characterization planning for buildings and their remaining contents, equipment, and process systems; however, soil and water characterization will also be required.
- ResponsibilitiesThe characterization specialist is responsible for:Collecting existing process knowledge to define the contaminants of concern, and the materials subject to characterization.
- Performing field visits to hazardous and radiological waste sites.
- Developing sampling and analysis plans to collect the required data.
- Preparing engineering calculations where necessary for materials of construction, or to balance hazardous constituent concentrations across the balance of the waste stream.
- Preparing regulatory work plans and waste handling plans under the CERCLA process.
- QualificationsMust have at a minimum a Bachelor's Degree in related earth science/environmental science/engineering field from an accredited school or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the responsibilities detailed (10+ years preferred).
- If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI, please click here.
- Associated topics: agriculture, agrosciences, air, environmental, epa, farm, field, ocean, waste, water
Links for RSI EnTech, LLC