- Suggest Revision
- The Electronics Technician provides expertise in electronics support for developing, improving and maintaining telescope systems and instrumentation or providing electrical and mechanical support for the Vera C. Rubin Observatory and other NSF's NOIRLab telescopes.
- This position is part of the Telescope and Site Engineering group and is based in Tucson, Arizona reporting to the Chief Engineer, and may require occasional travel to the observatory site and other international travel.
- Devise and execute test procedures of telescope components, equipment and systems.
- Maintain electronics labs including test equipment and tools, and identify and requisition proper components for telescope and instrument electronic systems.
- Associate degree in electronics technology or equivalent with minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience as electronics technician.
Updated 0 days ago